'But God said to me, “My GRACE is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” ~ 2 Corinthians 12:9'

Wednesday 18 January 2012

Week one of counting my blessings

As I blogged about in my last post, I have been writing in my journal 3 things each day that I am thankful for. There are prompts on the One Thousand Gifts blog and website for ideas on what to write each day. Ideas this week have included: ways in which you have glimpsed the startling grace of God; ways you have witnessed happiness; things that strike you as fresh mercy; a light, a reflection, and a shadow; and something above you, something below you, something beside you.

One thing that has really stood out to me this week, that I am really thankful for, is God's beautiful creation in nature. Somehow it has fitted into quite a few of the daily categories :) Nature reminds me of God's amazing power, love, and grace. Which is comforting to be reminded of right now, in the midst of our pain. If His creation on earth is this spectacular, I can't even imagine how magnificent heaven must be! I'm sure Hannah is enjoying God's presence and beauty up there, and I look forward to the day when I can be there with her to do the same.

I have taken the opportunity to photograph some of the picturesque scenes I have witnessed in the past few days...










I particularly love this last picture. I captured the photo of this rainbow in our front yard this evening, as I watered the garden. Rainbows are a beautiful reminder of God's love and hope after a storm (as the first rainbow was in the Bible story of Noah). I love how God reveals Himself to us through his breathtaking creation! From gorgeous babies like Hannah, to intricate flowers, to beautiful sunsets, to powerful oceans, I can see the glory of God in each and every thing that He has created.


Oh and I just have to add this one last photo of something I was thankful for this week - my husband, and our cat Shiloh. Here they both are, watching the TV news at the end of a long day.



I am thankful to the Lord for so many of the blessings in my life. Yes I have a lot of things I wish were different, yes I'm hurting, and yes of course I wish Hannah Grace was still here with us, but God has and is gifting us with lots of good things too.


"Every good and perfect gift comes from above" James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they are an encouragement to us xx