'But God said to me, “My GRACE is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” ~ 2 Corinthians 12:9'

Monday 26 December 2011

Merry Christmas

To our precious daughter, Hannah Grace, Merry Christmas sweet girl xxx

How special that you get to celebrate Jesus' birth with Him this year! Up in heaven, I'm sure there are Christmas celebrations ;) Although we definitely missed you down here at our Christmas parties. When it is a time where everyone else is happy, and enjoying family time, it kind of highlights our pain. Our Christmas day had a combination of smiles, laughs, and tears. But as we remember the reason for the season, we are reminded that our faith gives us the hope and assurance that we will one day be reunited with you in heaven.


It feels so wrong that our Christmas family photo just has your picture in a frame, and not you in our arms. (What a gorgeous photo it is though!) But you are still just as important to our family. You always will be. And you remain in our thoughts and in our hearts.


We lit some Christmas candles, in memory of you Hannah. It seems like an appropriate tribute. You continue to shine God's light and love, precious girl. Even though you are now with Him in heaven, your life is still having an impact here on earth.



Hannah Grace you were very much included in our family Christmas! In the next few days I will post on here some more details of how, and some photos. In the mean time, know that lots of people were thinking of you! We love you, and miss you extra much this Christmas xxx

 

Merry Christmas from Heaven...

I still hear the songs
I still see the lights
I still feel your love
On cold wintry nights

I still share your hopes
And all of your cares
I’ll even remind you
To please say your prayers

I just want to tell you
You still make me proud
You stand head and shoulders
Above all the crowd

Keep trying each moment
To stay in His grace
I came here before you
To help set your place

You don’t have to be
Perfect all of the time
He forgives you the slip
If you continue the climb

To my family and friends
Please be thankful today
I’m still close beside you
In a new special way

I love you all dearly
Now don’t shed a tear
Because I’m spending Christmas
With Jesus this year

(Author unknown) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they are an encouragement to us xx