'But God said to me, “My GRACE is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” ~ 2 Corinthians 12:9'

Friday 7 October 2011

Lively, Courageous, Encouraging

Next Monday would be Hannah Grace’s 6 week birthday, and I decided I wanted to do something to celebrate. But I wanted something that would not only involve remembering Hannah, but that would also help other people somehow. 

In the week that we were privileged to spend with Hannah Grace, the words that kept coming up to describe her were lively, courageous, and encouraging; so these became the theme words we have used to summarise Hannah’s character and personality.

Lively - From turning somersaults before she was even born, to kicking her booties off, to crying because she didn’t want her nappy changed, Hannah was very active and full of personality!
Courageous - Hannah fought against the odds to make it to a week old, and was brave through many challenges in her life. On her last day, she even fought against death – fighting to stay in my arms even though her little heart was struggling. This was an incredible display of love and courage.
Encouraging - Whenever anyone was with Hannah, they couldn't help but feel joyous; and feel love both from her and for her! The Lord used her to touch the lives of so many people. Even now that she is gone, although the pain and sadness is so strong, there is an overwhelming joy that we feel when we think about the blessing that our daughter is.

We wrote these three words on Hannah’s memorial service sheet as well as on the bookmarks we made to give to everyone, as we want to encourage other people to show these characteristics too. If these characteristics that Hannah showed in life inspire people, then this is one way we feel like her legacy is continuing. Although Hannah was only here with us for a short time, our desire is that she would never be forgotten, and that God would continue to use her in significant ways.

So on Monday October 10th, we are encouraging people to do something Lively, Courageous, or Encouraging in their day, in memory of Hannah Grace. In this way, people can share in her life and help us to continue her legacy. There are people all over the world who love Hannah, and this is one way that they can be involved too; as it doesn’t matter where you are or what your plans are, you can still join in. I am looking forward to hearing stories of what people do on Monday to celebrate!

I wish Hannah Grace was still here with us. I wish we were celebrating her 6 week birthday WITH her. I wish we didn’t have to think about continuing her legacy, because she was here doing it herself. I wish that instead of having to create this event in memory of her, I could just hold her and cuddle her and kiss her. But I can’t. And that makes me so sad. But seeing as I can’t, I am thankful that we can at least do something positive to remember her. I’m sure Hannah would have wanted that. So we pray that God uses this event to touch lives, and hopefully to also draw people closer to Him.



"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” - Joshua 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they are an encouragement to us xx